The objects of the Trust are:
- to advance the Christian religion and promote Christian organisations and the charitable purposes and institutions they support;
- to advance Christian education and learning.
The trustees’ priority areas are as follows:
Evangelism and Christian Mission in the UK
- Christian projects that develop new ways of working with children and young people, including children who have little or no contact with the church;
- Support for Christian youth work;
- Evangelistic projects, especially new and emerging evangelists;
- Work with prisoners, ex-prisoners and their families.
- The development of Christian curriculum resource materials for schools in RE and across the curriculum;
- Support of RE as a subject, both in curriculum development and teacher training;
- The support, training and retention of Christian teachers in all subjects;
- Adult lay Christian training and education;
- Projects which encourage Christians in leadership in schools;
- To download the trust’s Education Strategy please click here.
Christian Evangelism and Relief Work Overseas.
- Priority areas are Anglophone sub-Saharan Africa, Ethiopia, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq and Iran.
- Programmes which support theological training colleges;
- Programmes which build capacity of local churches through the training of the laity and clergy;
- The translation of Christian books and other materials;
- Provision of aid to the persecuted church;
- Media projects promoting Christianity in the UK, North Africa and the Middle East;
- Training and networking projects for Christians working in the media;
- The creative use of digital media and the internet to promote Christianity;
- Jerusalem Productions, which enters into co-productions with national broadcasters and runs the annual Jerusalem Awards for Christian radio and internet productions.
- Commissions of works of art for places of worship.