The Frankopan Fund
Please note the change to the deadline date for applications under point 4 below.
The Frankopan Fund is an initiative of the Staples Trust. It aims to support Croatian students in order to enhance the intellectual capacity and international reputation of Croatia.
The Fund was established in 1999 and since then, has made over 322 Scholarships and Awards amounting to almost £604,260. Each year, the Fund makes awards totalling £20,000 per annum to, on average, 20/25 students.
- Applicants must be Croatian students wishing to pursue higher education;
- The Fund makes Scholarships of up to £2,000 per student, per annum and Awards of £500 per student, per annum;
- Applicants wishing to pursue further studies at UK or other international institutions are considered.
2. Priority is given:
- To postgraduate students;
- To students who have been successful in raising funds for their studies from other institutions;
- To those individuals who are committed to enhancing the international reputation of Croatia;
- To those individuals seeking to develop skills that will be valuable to
3. Application Requirements
If you believe that you are eligible, according to the strict guidelines and priorities above, you will need to send the following information by e-mail (we are unable to accept correspondence by post), in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up to date CV;
- A personal statement, explaining your background, motivations, reasons for
wanting to undertake this course of study;
- A copy of your letter of acceptance from the institution in question;
- An outline of the course – duration, curriculum, objectives;
- Details of fees and maintenance expenses;
- Details of funds already secured or expected;
- A personal reference;
- A professional reference.
You will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. Unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application if you have not sent all of the above information. We regret that we are unable to take any telephone, e-mail or written enquiries concerning the Frankopan Fund.
The deadline date for receipt of applications was Monday 4 February 2019. No application will be considered for funding in 2019 after this date. We expect to notify applicants if they have been successful or not week commencing 18 March 2019.
The next round of applications will be considered in 2020, the closing date for receipt of applications for the Frankopan Fund for 2020 will be Monday 3 February 2020.